Last Revised: January 2, 2015
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you directly give us. For example, we collect information about you when you register on our Services, update your account, check-in with a participating business, pay for goods and services at a participating business, send or receive gifts (“goodies”) through the Service, contact customer support, give feedback about our Services or otherwise interact with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, mobile phone number, age, sex, image and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services. When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including the following:
- Usage Information: We may collect information about your usage of our Services, such as what you order at a participating business, how long you stay at a participating business after checking in and what goodies you send to or receive from other users.
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information. In addition, our Services may access your mobile device’s native phonebook and image storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of our Services. For more information about how you can control our access to these applications, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device when you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources. We may get information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties that help maintain and monitor usage of our Services or that process your payment transactions.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Send you technical notices and other administrative messages, and respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by HouseTab and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve our Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Detect, investigate and/or prevent fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
HouseTab is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With participating businesses, such as when you check into and leave their locations or when you set up or pay a tab;
- With other users you send and receive goodies from, who view your profile and with whom you otherwise communicate;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to the information to process your transactions or carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of HouseTab or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of HouseTab assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another HouseTab; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide that information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
Our Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools that let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice-versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We take reasonable measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Account Information. You may update or change your account information navigating into the MORE portion of our mobile application or by contacting us at email@example.com. If you wish to deactivate your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period.
Device Information. Certain features of our Services require access to your mobile device’s native phonebook and image storage applications (e.g., to find friends or upload an image from your photo gallery). Although you may decide whether to use these features, on Android devices you grant HouseTab permission to access these features as part of the installation process. If you later decide to revoke this permission, you can do so by following the standard uninstall process and removing our mobile applications from your device. Alternatively, on iOS devices, you can grant or revoke your consent at any time and prevent us from continuing to access your phonebook and image storage applications by changing the settings on your device.
Location Information. When you first launch our mobile application, you may be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. You may turn location-based services on and off by adjusting the settings of your mobile device. If you do so, certain features of our mobile applications will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our mobile application from your device.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from HouseTab by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Push Notifications and Alerts. With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.